At Neighborhoods Inc. of Battle Creek we value your trust. We are committed to the responsible management, use and protection of your personal information. This notice describes our policy regarding the collection and disclosure of personal information. Personal information, as used in this notice, means information that identifies an individual personally and is not otherwise publicly available information. It includes personal financial information such as credit history, income, employment history, financial assets, bank account information and financial debts. It also includes social security number and other information that you have provided us on any applications or forms that you have completed.
We collect personal information to support our lending operations, financial fitness counseling and to aid you in shopping for and obtaining a home mortgage from a conventional lender. We collect personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information that we receive from you on applications or other forms,
- Information that we receive from personal and employment references.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others,
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency
We may disclose the following kinds of personal information about you:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, employer, occupation, assets, debts and income;
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as your credit bureau reports, your credit history and your creditworthiness.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others, such account balance, payment history and parties to your transactions.
To Whom Do We Disclose
We may disclose your personal information to the following types of unaffiliated third parties:
- Financial service providers, such as companies engaged in providing home mortgage or home equity loans,
- Others, such as nonprofit organizations involved in community development, but only for program review, auditing, research and oversight purposes.
We may also disclose personal information about you to third parties as permitted by law. Prior to sharing personal information with unaffiliated third parties, except as described in this policy, we will give you an opportunity to direct that such information not be disclosed.
Confidentiality and Security
We restrict access to personal information about you to those of our employees who need to know that information to provide products and services to you an to help them do their jobs, including underwriting and servicing of loans, making loan decisions, aiding you in obtaining loans from others, and financial counseling. We maintain physical and electronic security procedures to safeguard the confidentiality and integrity of personal information in our possession and to guard against unauthorized access. We use locked files, user authentication and detection software to protect your information. Our safeguards comply with federal regulations to guard your personal information.
Directing Us Not to Make Disclosure to Unaffiliated Third Parties
If you prefer that we not disclose personal information about you to unaffiliated third parties, you may opt out of those disclosures, that is, you may direct us not to make those disclosures (other than disclosures permitted by law).
Neighborhoods Incorporated of Battle Creek
47 N Washington Avenue
Battle Creek, Michigan 49037